My resume is a collection of my work experience, IT certifications (through Udemy and Google), Workshops (such as Meetups), and post-secondary education. Having lived in four of some of Canada’s largest cities in Canada (Toronto, London, Edmonton, and Calgary), I’ve learned to adapt to each city as they presented challenges in my career as a Web Developer. You can learn more about me from my about page.
- Experienced using the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
- Looking to build innovative solutions using modern web development frameworks/toolkits and best practices to improve the user experience.
Mobile Sites Certification | Academy for Ads
View this post on Instagram
IT Certification: Mobile Sites Certification – Academy for Ads | Nick Hiebert Web Developer YYC #academyforads #nickdevyyc . . . . . #itcertification #googlepartners #google #googlecertified #mobilesites #certificateofcompletion #certificate #portfolio #accomplishment #education #progressivewebapps #acceleratedmobilepages #portfolio #accomplishment #education #web #webdeveloper #webdevelopment #developer #devlife #ui #ux #frontenddeveloper #technology #yycnow #yyc #calgary #alberta
Automate Web Development with GulpJS | Udemy Certification
Google Analytics Certification
IT Certification: Google Analytics Certification | Nick Hiebert Web Developer YYC #googleanalytics #nickdevyyc . . . . . #itcertification #googleanalyticscertification #academyforads #analytics #google #googlecertified #seo #searchengineoptimization #searchenginemarketing #digitalmarketing #marketing #business #portfolio #accomplishment #education #calgary #yyc #webdeveloper #yycblogger #dailyhiveyyc #yycnow #yycdesign #yycdaily #calgarymarketing #technology #advertising #yycwebdeveloper #alberta
The Complete Sass & SCSS Course From Beginner to Advanced | Udemy Certification
IT Certification: The Complete Sass & SCSS Course From Beginner to Advanced – Udemy Certification | Nick Hiebert Web Developer YYC #udemy #nickdevyyc . . . . . #itcertificate #udemycourse #programming #webdesign #sass #scss #certificateofcompletion #webdeveloper #ui #ux #portfolio #accomplishment #education #calgary #yyc #yycblogger #dailyhiveyyc #yycnow #technology #yycwebdeveloper #alberta #webdev #webdevelopment #css #css3 #sassscript #sassmixin #yycdesign
Think Mobile #3: Create your first iOS app!
SozenTech YYC Calgary, AB
- Attended a one day, 4 hour workshop in November 2017 that introduced the use of Balsamiq Mockups 3 (“Balsamiq“) and Xcode. The exercise was to create 10 wireframes on paper, then convert the wireframe sketches into a fully functional GUI in Balsamiq. Lastly, bringing the wireframe into Xcode and utilizing the component features for a semi-functional iOS app. The experience was an introduction to app development which provided a functional understanding of wire framing for mobile app development.
Internet Applications and Web Development
Fanshawe College London, ON
- Database Design, Documentation Practices, Web Standards, Design Principles, Responsive Design, Colour Theory, Frameworks, Front-End Development, Object-Oriented Programming, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Problem Solving, Business Communications, Online Communications and Collaboration.
Confederation College Thunder Bay, ON
- Web Standards, Responsive Design, Design Principles, Colour Theory, Flash Animation, Graphic Design, Online Communications, Basecamp, and WordPress.
talonX Creative Agency
Web Developer (Contractor)
Freelance Web Developer/Designer
- Currently investing time improving coding skills through Udemy’s e-learning platform to enhance overall understanding of front-end technologies, UI/UX designs and best practices.
- Obtained a familiarization of Sass/SCSS pre-processing practices to make css styling more adaptable.
- Acquired invaluable experience using front-end build tools/task runners (GulpJS using NPM) for building effective/optimization for repetitive tasks such as auto-updating files, compression, minification and implementing third-party NPM packages.
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of universal PHP fundamental best practices for developing and maintaining WordPress websites.
- Co-op Project Jan-Mar 2018, Marketing Intern Mar-May 2018
- Performed full website SEO audits on HustleCo’s website and two client websites. Applied best practices of UI/UX designs, responsive/mobile design, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and website performance based on how Google looks at websites. Through a client meeting, the website SEO audit was presented to the client with a full breakdown of what issues it had and highly detailed explanations of the solutions.
- Worked with a team of marketing interns and provided technical support for WordPress websites and mentorship with Search Engine Optimization (SEO) best practices and implementations. Through website audits and general questions from the marketing interns, a full breakdown was provided explained to help expand their technical skills. The experience demonstrated an exceptional balance of technical skills and knowledge which showed management and the marketing teams how SEO and WordPress trouble-shooting works.
Web Developer (Contractor)
- Obtained technical experience with Shopify and the Laravel platforms. The project also presented the opportunity to work with Sass/SCSS for the first time outside of personal development. First exposure of using a RESTFUL API for development (Postman).
George’s Lean Body Academy
Development & Web Technician/Junior Developer/
Adster Creative Inc
- llustrated adaptability to CMS systems like WordPress, responsive frameworks, cross-browser testing, user experience testing, QA, UI/UX designs, php websites and converting Photoshop mockups to website landing pages.
- Obtained an profound understanding of website performance and SEO principles from an analytical and businesslike perspective.
- Displayed a good understanding of development documentation to test and deploy web solutions.
- Developed strong oral and verbal communication skills through day-to-day tasks that helped the account manager team better understand the circumstances.
- Learned to persevere when challenges arouse and resourceful when asking for help.
- Took initiative when project managing with account managers to execute deliverables on-time.
- Helped deploy Google tracking tools on websites along with third-party software.
- Became comfortable working with responsive frameworks and consulted new ideas to the Senior developer to enhance the user-experience on websites.
- Performed peer code reviews with the Senior Developer on projects and to see where improvements can be made.
Association of Financial Professionals Canada Calgary
- Implemented website changes on request using HTML, CSS, and varies WordPress theming and UI/UX design platform updates. Produced monthly event page updates using email communications with the AFP’s board of directors. Website updates were completed on a timely manner and provided technical feedback on setbacks as they occurred.
UX Designer (Contractor)
Salus Global Corporation
Front-End Developer (Contractor)
- Displayed an expertise in converting Photoshop mockups into fully responsive websites using the skills acquired in Bootstrap. During development, multiple checks were performed on responsiveness and testing on mobile devices. Ensuring a self-QA was performed prior to giving it to upper management.
- Accompanied the project manager in meetings and performed live website updates with the HTML/CSS and WordPress technologies. The meetings proved to be an exceptional experience that helped improve my presentation skills alongside management.
Web Developer (Contractor)
- Obtained project management skills and experience with day-to-day email communications with 10+ accounts. Developed strong email writing skills and provided clients with frequent and consistent updates on website changes (website copy, UI/UX design/update creatives with Adobe Photoshop and InDesign, HTML5/CSS3).
New Media, Intern
EMI Music Canada
- Developed digital media ads for music artists utilizing Adobe Photoshop and Flash. Worked closely with the New Media Director and other interns on creative designs for varies digital media ads. Honed graphic design skills during the internship that provided practical experience using Photoshop’s core fundamental and some advanced features for everyday work.
- Co-operated the WordPress blog with the New Media Director. Created editorial blog articles weekly and communicated daily with marketing team for retrieving new blog articles. Obtained strong experience with email communications and operating a blog with a company Director.
Published Feb 25, 2018 Updated Jan 22, 2020